US and Canada Toll Free Number: 1 800 256 3540
Top level medical staff
Frequently asked questions
What is Medical Tourism?
Medical Tourism is where people who live in one country travel to another country to receive medical care.
What services are included?
Your package will include pick up from the airport, accommodation at a 4 or 5 star hotels, ground transportation to and from doctor's appointment and hospital, medical procedure, and travel arrangements.
Physicians in Ortopedics and Trauma
Alberto Marrón Mc Naught
Medical School: Mexican Faculty of Medicine, University of Guadalajara.
Medical Internship: Undergraduate Internship HGZ 45 IMSS (2001).
Medical Social Service: Teocuitatlán Corona, Jalisco 2002-2003.
Obtained the Title of Medical Doctor at University of Guadalajar.a
Postgraduate studies: Hospital Universitario de Puebla de la BUAP, from 2003 to 2007, in the specialty of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
Training in spine surgery and hip-HTO IMSS Puebla HUP 1 March 2005 to February 28, 2006.
Training in joint surgery HUP 1 March 2006 to February 28 of 200
Boards and Certifications:
Assistant to the XVI AMJ Medical Assembly, May 1997.
Electrocardiography Assistant Basic Course taught by CUCS University of Girona, 17 to February 20, 1998.
Assistant to the XVII AMJ Medical Assembly, June 1998.
Assistant to the XVIII AMJ Medical Assembly, August 1999.
Participation as speaker in the conference on "Fractures of the clavicle in children and adults" in the Faculty of Medicine in April 2005 BUAP.
Participation as a speaker "spastic hand and its management" HNP, Puebla Pue November 2006.
Congressman in the Twenty-Third National Orthopedics, Veracruz, May 2005.
Congressman in the XVIII National Congress AMOT, Mazatlan, Sin, November 2005.
Congressman in the XX Congress of the PAMS, Guadalajara, Jal. November 2006.
Congressman at the XXI Congress AMOT, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 2010.
Review of the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and Traumatology recognition approved in March 2007.
Chief Resident of Orthopedics and Traumatology Service of HUP November 2004 to December 2006.
Member of the Association of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Puerto Vallarta (2008).
Professor of Clinical Surgery Course of Traumatology and Orthopaedics in the CUC at the University of Guadalajara since January 2010.
Private Practice, MEDyCA River and Amerimed Hospital, Puerto Vallarta Jalisco.
Physicians in Bariatrics
Dr. Héctor Joaquín Pérez Corzo
Medical School: Mexican Faculty of Medicine, La Salle University 2000, Mexico City
Medical Internship: Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami. 2001
Medical Social Service: Xpichil, Cancún Quintana Roo. 2002
Obtained the Title of Medical Doctor: La Salle University 2000
Residency in General Surgery: Regional Hospital Lic. Adolfo López Mateos ISSSTE, 2002 - 2006, México City.
Graduated with Honors Obtaining the Title of General Surgeon: Mexican National University 2006.
Boards and associations
International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
Mexican Board of General Surgery, Mexico City
Mexican Association of General Surgery, Mexico City
Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
Mexican Association of Obesity surgery
Bariatric Surgeon since 2006 with experience in Lap Band, Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, Gastric Plicature and revisión surgery.
Chief of surgery At Specialty clinic in México City for 2 years.
Attending surgeon at the General and Digestive Surgery Department at the Regional Hospital Lic. Adolfo López Mateos, ISSSTE.
Attending surgeon at the Experimental Surgery Department in the Medical National Center 20 of November, ISSSTE.
Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Professor at the Experimental Surgery Department in the Medical National Center 20 of November, ISSSTE.
Coordinator and professor in multiple Bariatric Surgery courses in México and other countries.
International Federation for the surgery of obesity and metabolic disorders, 2010 Los Angeles California, USA.
International Federation for the surgery of obesity and metabolic disorders, 2009 Paris, France.
International Federation for the surgery of obesity and metabolic disorders, 2008 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
“Bariatric Surgery as an alternative for the treatment of severe obesity in teenagers," XIV International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico. 2005.
Advanced Trauma Life Support 2006.
Advance Cardiac Life Support 2000.
XIV International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, México. 2005.
International Echoes in General Surgery "The Mexican Association of General Surgery and the American College of Surgeons, Mexico City 2005.
9th World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery ", Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico, 2004.
XII International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery ", Veracruz, Veracruz, México. 2004.
Clinical Research Skills Workshop for Investigators”, México D.F 2003.
Physicians in Ortopedics and Trauma
Dr. José Manuel Hernández Campos
• I International Meeting of Hip Surgery, March 2001,supported by Mexican Society of Hip
• VII International Course on Advances in Orthopaedic Surgery (Foot Surgery with Introduction to Minimally Invasive Surgery) July 2001 Supported by the Mexican Social Security Institute and Academy of Ambulatory Foot & Ankle Surgery.
• XXVI National Congress of Orthopedics Meeting May 2002, Supported by Mexican Society of Orthopaedics.
• VIII International Course on Advances in Orthopaedics July 2002, Supported by the Mexican Social Security Institute, University Health Center, UDG.
• XXXI course AO Principles of Fracture Fixation Surgery of the Mexico City August 2002. Supported by AO International.
• XVI Congress of Mexican Society of Pediatric Orthopedics October 2OO2 Puerto Vallarta Jalisco.
• 70 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons February 2003 New Orleans, Louisiana. USA.
• Fellowship in joint replacement and sports medicine Cornerstone Regional Hospital in June to November 2003 Edinburg, Texas. USA.
• 71 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons March 2004 San Francisco California. USA.
• Specialty Day Arthroscopy Association of North America March, 2004 San Francisco, California, USA.
• Graduated from Old Civil Hospital Fray Antonio Alcalde SSJ, UDG March 2000 to February 2004 Guadalajara Jalisco.
• Certified by the Mexican Board of Orthopedics and Traumatology AC. March 2004, Mexico DF.
• XI International Course on Advances in Orthopedics Wrist and Hand Surgery July 27 to 30, 2005 Puerto Vallarta Jalisco.
• XVIII National Congress AMOT, November 2005 Mazatlan Sinaloa.
• Advances in osteosynthesis XII course Pelvis and Acetabulum Injuries (teacher) July 2006, Puerto Vallarta Jalisco.
• PDU. Proulex University, English course, in September 2006.
• Ninth Annual Course of Primary Total Knee Orthopedics, revision and complications, September 2006 Guadalajara Jalisco.
• Active Member of the Society of Orthopedic Surgeons graduates of the old Civil Hospital of Guadalajara AC, September 2006, Guadalajara Jalisco.
• 1st International Course of Arthroscopy and Knee Replacement and Sports Medicine arthroscopists Mexican school and knee surgeons AC, October 2006 Cancun, Quintana Roo.
• International affiliate member of American Academy of Surgeons orthopedics Since April 2007.
• Course XIII advances in orthopedics (Bio-logical osteosynthesis MIS) July 2007 Puerto Vallarta Jalisco.
• First Course systematic studies of postmenopausal women, and osteoporosis July 2007.
• X Total Hip Course, September 2007 Guadalajara Jalisco supported by AMOT, CMOT.
• II Interamerican Congress of Minimally Invasive Surgery of the spine, Puerto Vallarta Jalisco 2007, supported by the Mexican Society of Neurological Surgery, Mexican Association of BC and spine surgeons.
• Annual meeting American Academy of Orthopaedics Surgeons 2008 San Francisco CA March.
• XII Annual Course of Pediatric Orthopedic Trauma 2009 February 2009 Guadalajara Jalisco supported by AMOT and CMOT.
• V International Symposium of Pain May 2009 Huatulco Oaxaca, supported by AMOT.
• XIV International Congress AMECRA June 2009 Los Cabos Baja California Sur, supported by CMOT.
• XV International Course of advances in Orthopaedic, Foot tag August, 2009 Puerto Vallarta Jalisco, supported by AMOT.
• XX National Congress AMOT 2009, October, Guadalajara Jalisco, supported by AMOT, CMOT.
• X International Meeting 2010 Guadalajara, Mexican Society of hip surgery, February 2010, Guadalajara Jalisco, supported by AMOT.
• General Secretary of Orthopaedics and Traumatologist College of Puerto Vallarta AC from 2008 to 2009.
• X International Meeting Gudalajara 2010, Mexican Surgeon Hip Society, Frebuary 10-13 Guadalajara Jalisco, supported by AMOT.
• Congress & Expo Global Medical Turism (FONATUR, Secretary of Economic Promotion The State of Jalisco, 24-26 august 2010.
• XXI National Meeting AMOT 2010 November 2-6 Puerto Vallarta Jalisco.
• II International Meeting External Fixation 19-22 January 2011 Guadalajara Jalisco.
• Annual Meeting American Academy of Orhopaedic Surgeons 2011 San Diego CA 15-19 Frebuary.
• XXVI National Meeting SMO 2011 February 27, May 1, Veracruz Veracruz, supported by AMOT.
Physicians in Bariatrics
Gerardo García, M.D.
Medical school: University of Nuevo Leon (U.A.N.L.) Monterrey, México 1990.
Residency: General Surgery, Christus Hosiptal, Monterrey, Mexico 1992-96
Chief of Residents 1995.
2001 Lap Band Certification Intensive Training on Bioenterics INAMED Laparoscopic Gastric Banding.
2002 Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery and Gastric Banding Monterrey, Mexico.
2002 Symposium on Bariatric Surgery 11th International Congress on Endoscopic Surgery Yucatán, Mexico.
2003 Course on Gastric Banding by Johnson and Johnson Monterrey, Mexico.
Boards and associations
Mexican Association of General Surgery.
Mexican Association of Laparascopic Surgery.
Mexican Association of Bariatric Surgery.
Physicians in Internal Medicine
and Interventional Cardiologist
Dr. Daniel Omar Rodríguez Pérez
1992 - 1998 Licensure. School of Medicine of the UANL in Monterrey Nuevo Leon Mexico.
01.11.1998 - 31.12.1998 Academic Fellowship Cardiology Service, University Hospital of Valladolid, Spain.
01.03.2001 - 28.02.2005 Specialization in Internal Medicine Hospital Universitario "Dr. Jose Eleuterio Gonzalez ", U.A.N.L. Monterrey, N.L.
01 .03.2005 - 29.02.2008 subspecialty in Cardiology- Hemodynamics Hospital Universitario "Dr. Jose Eleuterio Gonzalez ", U.A.N.L. Monterrey, N.L.
01.03.2008 - 28.03.2010 Master in Interventional Cardiology Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón. Madrid, Spain.
Boards and associations
Mexican Board-certified of Internal Medicine since 2005.
Mexican Board-certified of Cardiologist since 2009.
Mexican Board-certified of Interventional Cardiologist since 2011.
Physicians in Neurology
Karla Gisela Pedroza Rios, M.D.
2002 M.D., (With honors), Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México., México D.F.
Community Service: 2001-2002 Auxiliary Health Unit for the agrarian community – San Juan
Quetzalcoapan., TLX., México.
Post medical Training
2002 Surgical Intern in Clinical Neurology, Hospital General de México.
2002 Surgical Intern in Spine Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Rehabilitacion, México.
2004 Surgical Intern in Neuropathology, Hospital General de México.
2004 Resident Neuroradiologist, Instituto Nacional de Neurología y Neurocirujia, México.
2005 Clinical fellow Vascular Microsurgery, Hospital General de México.
2007 Surgical Intern in Trauma Neurosurgery, Hospital General XOCO, México.
2007 Surgical Intern in Pediatric Neurosurgery, Hospital Infantil de México.
2003-07 Resident in Adult Neurosurgery, Hospital General de México.
2008 Resident in Cranial Base Surgery, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, México.
2001 Registro de la Dirección General de Profesiones: 3568244.
2008 Neurosurgeon: 5461453
2005-07 Professor of intracerebral haemorrhage treatment, ICH., Hospital General de México, México.
2010-2011 Professor of Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology, Universidad Mundial San José del Cabo.
2004-07 Assistant Neurosurgeon, Hospital General de México.
2007 – Assistant Neurosurgeon in Adult Neurosurgery, Hospital Infantil de México.
2008 - Assistant Neurosurgeon, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, México.
2009 - Chief of the Neurosurgical Service Amerimed Hospital Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo, BCS México.
Awards and Honors:
1993-1996 Achievement Alumnus Award, A.B at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
1996-2001 Distinguished Alumnus Award, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
1996-2001 Selected Alumnus for the High Academical Requirement Program, actually Educational Quality Cores - by its Spanish acronym NUCE – Núcleos de Calidad Educativa/Programa de Alta Exigencia Academica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México., México.
2001- Summa cum laude on Professional Examination and Graduate Diploma, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México., México.
2002- High mark alumni Award during interim semester, Instituto Nacional de Nutrición y Ciencias, “Salvador Zubrian”.
2008- Consejo Mexicano de Cirugía Neurológica Number 852.
Boards and associations
2008-2011 Mexican Society of Neurological Surgery.
2011 Colegio Médico de San José del Cabo.
2011 Sociedad Médica de Hospital Amerimed.
Professional Appointments and Seminars:
- 1996– Cultural and academical sportsmedicine campus, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
- 1996– Cell Biology Selected Thems, Facultad de Estudios Superiores Cuautitlan, México.
- 1997 – Neuroscience International Congress, New Orleans, LA.
- 1997 – Bioethical First National Congress, Hospital Juarez, México.
- 1999 – Interamerican Pediatrics Congress, Hospital Juarez, México.
- 1999 – Internal Medicine 21st international proceedings Contest, Hospital Juarez, México.
- 1999 – ER Medicine proceedings seminar, Hospital Juarez, México.
- 1999 – National Medicine Academy 8th Congress, Unidad de Congresos CMN, siglo XXI, México.
- 1999 – Advances in Pedriatics at the National and Academic development and update program for the physician., Unidad de Congresos CMN, Siglo XXI, México.
- 2001 – Comprehensive child healthcare course., Hospital General de Huamantla., TLX., México.
- 2003 – 2nd International Congress of Neurointensivism., Santa Clara, Villa Clara, Cuba.
- 2003 – Nervous System common diseases course., Hospital General de México.
- 2006 – 4th International Meeting of Pediatric Neurosurgery., Hospital Infantil de México “Federico Gómez”.
- 2006 – 30th Annual Meeting of the Mexican Academy of Neurology., Merida, Yuc. México.
- 2007 – Nervous system common diseases course., Hospital General de México.
- 2007 – First Meeting of the Latin American Society of stereotactic and functional Surgery., Hospital Español., México.
- 2007 – 19th Mexican Congress of Neurological Surgery., Hospital Español., México.
- 2007 – Refresh course in Hypophysis surgery., Centro Medico Nacional 20 de noviembre., México.
- 2008 – Writing course of medical writing., Hospital General de México.
- 2008 – Spine instrumentation course., Servicio Medico Forense., México.
- 2010 – 3rth International Congress of minimmal invacion in neurosurgery, Guadalajara Mexico.
- 2011 – Mexican Congress of the Mexican Society of Neurological Surgery.
- 2011 – International workshop in basic techniques of microsurgery and cerebral revascularization.
- 2011 – Actualization in American Trauma Live Support.
Representative Publications (chronological order):
- C. Dorado- Martínez, N Pereira- Muñoz, A Durán- Vásquez, K. Pedroza- Ríos, G. Borgonio- Pérez, S Rivas-Arancibia., Antioxidant effects of Vitaminas C and E on lipid peroxidation and behavior alterations caused by ozone exposure. Society of neurosciences,1998; 24.
- C. Dorado- Martínez, K. Pedroza- Ríos, L Colin Barenque,MR Ávila-Costa, G. Borgonio- Pérez, S Rivas-Arancibia., Taurine reverses motor activity alteration and lipid peroxidation caused by ozone exposure on some brain structures in young and old rats., International Behavioral Neurosciences Society Abstracts, 1998; 7.
- Álvaro Lechuga Guerrero, Claudia Dorado Martínez, Alva Rodríguez, Karla Pedroza-Ríos, Gabino Borgonio- Pérez,Selva Rivas-Arancibia., Effects of vitamin E on ozone induced memory deficits and lipid peroxidation in rats., Neuroreport 1999: 10; pg.1689-1692.
- José de Jesús Gutiérrez Cabrera, Karla Pedroza Ríos, Salvador Cuellar., Medula Anclada en pacientes pediátricos y adolescentes: reporte de 16 casos., Revista del Hospital General de México. 2007:70. No. 2. ; pg.62-66.
- Karla Pedroza-Ríos., “Patients undergoing resection of medulloblastoma in the General Hospital of México, clinical presentation and survival during a follow up period in the short and medium term”. (“Pacientes operados de resección de meduloblastoma en el Hospital General de México, presentación clínica y sobrevida durante un periodo de seguimiento a corto y mediano plazo”)., Postgraduate Thesis. Aug. 2007.
Physicians in Orthopedics and Trauma
Javier Escamilla Penagos, M.D.
Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México, D.F., 1991-1997. Professional Certificate: 2503632
Internship: General Hospital # 27. México D.F. 1997.
Social Service: Rural Clinic dispersed population. Mazatlán, Sonora 1998
Specialty: Orthopedics and Traumatology at General Hospital of the State of Sonora, Hermosillo. Sonora. México. March 2000-February 2004. Specialty Certificate: 4584988
University of Texas Health Science Center At San Antonio, The Shoulder. Rotating Observer International July1, 2003 to October 24, 2003
Rheumatology in June 2001.
Injury update on hip and knee joint, May 2002.
Hermosillo Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Sonora. 2002.
Chirugia my hand. Dil Perchiera Garda, Italy. December of 2006.
General Practice "Tourist Medicine" Amerimed Hospital Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. Mexico. 1998-2000.
Head of Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics. Amerimed Cabo San Lucas, Baja Sur Califormia.
Boards and associations
Member of the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Member of the Mexican Association of Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
Member of the Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Sonoran AC.
Member of The Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics, of Los Cabos AC.
AMOT XIV National Congress. 2001
CIMA VI Medical Conference 2002
Th Annual Meeting of American Academy of Orthopaedic Sugeons, Washington 2005.
Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Chicago 2006.
Annual Meteting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, San Diego 2007.
Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, San Fco CA 2008.
Special Shoulder and Elbow Day of Surgeons San Fco, CA 2008.
Arthroscopic Surgical Treatment Advance, Los Angeles CA. 2008.
"Masters Experience" AANA, Knee Cartilage, Rosemont, Illinois. Sep. 2008.
"Masters Experience" AANA Shoulder, Rosemont, Illinois. Oct. 2008.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV. Feb. 2009.
American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, Specialty Day, Las Vegas, NV. February 2009.
Symposium on Shoulder Arthroscopy and Knee, Monterrey NL, Mx. March 2009.
XIV International Congress AMECRA Mx Los Cabos in June 2009.
XV International Course on Advances in Orthopaedics "The Pie" Puerto Vallarta Jal. August 2009.
XX National Congress AMOT Guadalajara Jal. October 2009.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA. March 2010.
American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Specialty Day, New Orleans, LA. March 2010.
II World Congress of Minimal Invasive Surgery and Techniques Las Vegas, NV. March 31-June 4th 2010.
International Symposium on Pain, Progress and Hip & Knee Surgery Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Gro. Mx. In June 2010.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, San Diego CA. February 2011.
American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Specialty Day, San Diego CA. February 19th 2011